More Multimedia

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Repost - February 2014

Road:
       I spent some time over the past few days pondering about the things that I am hear from various evangelists about living the Christian life. 
I have noticed that have been looking more at the messenger and finding fault than I have at the message and gleaning from it the low hanging fruit that could help in sustaining me.

How often do we look at the messenger rather than the message? 
I am sure we all remember that old saying about "Don't shoot the messenger". Elton John, a famous rock n roller, put it this way, "Don't shoot, I'm only the piano player".

Sometimes I feel so stupid when I think about the things I was focused on and planning. Books I studied with my kids about fishing and types of fish knowing I didn't have time for fishing trips and disappointing them because some of the trips never took place though some did.

Why did I waste that time when I could have done something that I did have time for? 
Why was the pressure to do the "Father/Son" thing so strong to go in that direction versus honestly analysing where we were in our lives and making an honest evaluation of how we could spend whatever time was available and enjoy one another versus being frustrated and upset because we were cramming like it was a final exam?

What has been your experience(s) with this type of thing?
Please leave some good comments...
Or, do you even care?

For most people I know, it never crosses their mind because they have to think about someone other than themselves.

Please go to http://www.dictionary.com and look up self centered and conceited.
Compare and contrast the two words and see what things you realize as those definitions sink in to your psyche.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Just L. (Formerly of The House Of L.)





Thank you God for all that you are doing in my life because I know it is for my good.
Please guide my steps when I am confident and when I have no idea what to do. Today and everyday in all things.
Forgive me of my sins and for sinning, and please put it in the hearts of those I have offended both real and imagined offenses, to forgive me for their own sakes. Please continually drive out unforgiveness in me. I don't want to live my life that way.
________________________________________
   In name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
In His name and on the sign of the rebel, Jesus!

-Just L.
Show Me God's Love
Facebook: ShowMe GodsLove
Twitter:@showmeGodslove



No comments:

Post a Comment