More Multimedia

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Walking Wounded...(Or Things we don't talk about)

I am doing this one remotely as I am in the process of figuring out what I want to do in a personal ministry.

    I am walking wounded.

    I believe many people are walking wounded.

    I think preaching from the valley is underrated and that most people shy away from it because they see anyone in the valley as having sin God is holding against them.

    This is the same attitude Job's friends had while Job was going through. Jesus said in this life we would have trials and tribulations (about 1/2 hour before He was seized and delivered up for crucifixion.)
   
    I don't claim to have all the answers but I think there is something there that could be encouraging to myself and others going through valley experiences on the way back to mountain top experiences.
Right now, my idea is to do a "podcast"/mp3/video or something with notes about what is being talked about and receiving and answering questions someone might not otherwise ask in a "church" setting or in the company of people they see in person. A phone number to leave questions or comments and suggestions, and morphing this into something that is a blessing to others and to me to give me an outlet for all of the things I feel stirring in my spirit.
Any of you who are of the faith and any of you who are not, please take a moment to consider your experiences with Christianity- Good/Bad/Ugly/WTF...

Yes I dropped the F bomb, but I can tell you this:
I have had such horrible experiences with some "Christians" that if I hadn't been one before I spoke/met them...I probably wouldn't be one...And that is the truth.
I can only imagine how many people out there have had similar experiences.

Walking Wounded...
Some may not be so severe but I would bet most people have a "Negative Church Experience Story" to some degree or another.
Some of those experiences end a relationship with Christ,drive one away from ever accepting Christ, or pervert the view of the relationship we can have with God because of the words and actions of man.

I say let's talk about it in a safe non-judgmental environment where we can start to heal ourselves and one another by giving ourselves things to consider, ponder, chew on, and decide about without repercussion from anyone.
Anonymity would be maintained if desired.

I would like some feedback about this idea, and prayer from Christians reading this as to if this is what God wants me to do next.
In His name and on the sign of the rebel, Jesus-
Lance

No comments:

Post a Comment